Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
Poll Question : Which do you prefer based on what you've read?
Choice Votes Statistics
Nissan Leaf 2 25%
Chevrolet Volt 4 50%
I just don't like electric cars 2 25%
1 Pages Page: 1
Chevrolet Volt vs. Nissan Leaf
#1 Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:50:37 PM

So unless you've been living under a rock you've heard about the new electric cars Nissan and Chevrolet have released in select Markets. Question is which one is best (or if you're like me and prefer cars with a bit of style and power less crappy dance haha just kidding)? Imo I prefer the Volt mainly because I just don't trust these battery estimates and would like a nice gas engine to back things up. Anyway heres a bit of basic info on both.

Leaf
Cost: $32,780 cost but with federal rebate of $7,500 is $25,280
Range: 100 miles (roughly highway drains it pretty quick)
Charging: With home installed wall charger you're supposed to be able to do it in 4 hours and with the plug in one its more like 8 hours.

Volt
Cost: $40,280 after federal rebate of $7,500 is $32,780.
Range: 35 miles on electric and 375 miles total.
Charging: Same as the Leaf

I dunno since neither really top 100mph I'm not that excited. Subcompacts where never my thing...but a Tesla...now that might be sick.

ANYWAY DISCUSS AWAY!
Uh...Winning.
I'm not BiPolar I'm Bi-Winning.
I'm like a F/A-18 I'll destroy you in the air and then deploy my ordinance upon the ground.
#2 Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:55:44 PM

Oh man I love both of these cars. Practically priced for the working man, fuel efficient, green, clean, and just fricken amazing. All car companies need to follow the example of Nissan and Chevrolet and starting making socially concious cars.

Edit: I love both but I love the Leaf more as its pure electric and slightly cheaper so the working class citizen can afford it. $24k for a new car? Amazing. clap
Should such ignorant posters lead the forums? How did it come to this in the first place? 82 percent of us don't even have a a real email! Just a handful can barely post something that is seen as English.

“There's a gullible side to the Carlocate poster. They can be easily misled. Trolling is the best device used to mislead them.”
#3 Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:03:52 PM

MichaelMoore wrote:
Oh man I love both of these cars. Practically priced for the working man, fuel efficient, green, clean, and just fricken amazing. All car companies need to follow the example of Nissan and Chevrolet and starting making socially concious cars.

Edit: I love both but I love the Leaf more as its pure electric and slightly cheaper so the working class citizen can afford it. $24k for a new car? Amazing. clap

Affordable? The Volt starts at above 40K.
Ray Knowlds, Employer of Fine Individuals
#4 Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:04:26 PM

Volt man. Seriously for all that hype on the Leaf I've read reviews where people tank out at like 60miles. I commute about 40 miles total for work. If I had to go to the store, out to dinner, or out to the movies or something I'd need another car just to do that later at night and don't feel like getting something that looks like a Crackerjack toy towed home. The Volt has the gas engine therefore it wins.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You trolled them, you flamebaited them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a poster they didn't fully understand. "

"He's the poster CarLocate.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll troll him because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The DuskNight."

#5 Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:08:51 PM

RayKnowlds wrote:
MichaelMoore wrote:

Affordable? The Volt starts at above 40K.

Yes but with the federal rebate its only $32k and with the gas money you save its quite a bit. The average Volt buyer only fills up every 1,000 miles...1,000 miles. THATS AMAZING!!! Besides can you put a price on the environment? No thats priceless therefore this is affordable...unlike healthcare.
Should such ignorant posters lead the forums? How did it come to this in the first place? 82 percent of us don't even have a a real email! Just a handful can barely post something that is seen as English.

“There's a gullible side to the Carlocate poster. They can be easily misled. Trolling is the best device used to mislead them.”
#6 Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:29:51 PM

I think I have to pick the Volt (though I'm not a fan of Chevy) simply b/c of range anxiety. I don't think i would be comfortable driving a car that could run out of power at any minute and there'd be no where to charge it quickly.

#7 Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:56:07 PM

Id have to go with the volt because it actually somewhat resembles a normal car more than a toaster
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#8 Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:41:34 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
Id have to go with the volt because it actually somewhat resembles a normal car more than a toaster

qft
USA: Importing Asian Cars since 1957 but Asians since 1850
#9 Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:41:11 PM

Well this battle is done, faster than Batman finished off the Joker. Sorry Volt you lose.
"I haven't given everything to carlocate.com...not yet."