Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
1 Pages Page: 1
Car seat vibrates when a vehicle is in your blind spot
#1 Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:18:22 PM

Technology's being created to make your driver seat vibrate when there's a car in your blind spots so you can be physically alerted without looking for a visual. It can even tell you where the vehicle is. Should help when on autopilot. Maybe this will help all those drivers who merge before looking! clap

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38147388/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/
#2 Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:52:06 PM

Thanks for posting that article! I'd be curious to test drive a vehicle with that installed to see what it feels like.

For some reason I get the sense that if I was in very crowded slow moving traffic (like a backup highway or crowded New York street) the seat would just be pushing on me constantly from all sides.
#3 Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:11:24 PM

I think for city driving it wouldn't be as helpful but if you do a lot of highway driving, especially at night, that might be good. I know I zone out when I have long drives.

What would be MORE helpful is for it to detect animals (or people) approaching the road and alert me of those. They tend to jump out at me more than other cars.
#4 Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 5:25:59 PM

Technology intending to replace human awareness scares me. Technology is great, when it works. Some things just shouldn't be replaced with artificial intelligence, and in my opinion, paying attention to your surroundings while driving 1000+ lb machine 70 mph down a highway is at the top of the list.
#5 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:53:58 PM

Sweet! Can I hook it up to my xbox so when i get shot playing COD it feels like a full body tremor? Does it also come with the martydom perk where i can drop a live grenade after dying?
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#6 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:14:41 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
Sweet! Can I hook it up to my xbox so when i get shot playing COD it feels like a full body tremor? Does it also come with the martydom perk where i can drop a live grenade after dying?

No only Last Stand. snooty noobs
Uh...Winning.
I'm not BiPolar I'm Bi-Winning.
I'm like a F/A-18 I'll destroy you in the air and then deploy my ordinance upon the ground.
#7 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:51:46 PM

Location: Earth previously Planet Vegta before it got blown up.
ShowMeThCarFaux wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:

No only Last Stand. snooty noobs

Only noobs need deathstreaks but I don't because I'm MLG baby dance
"Vegata what does carlocate.com say about that car's horsepower?"
"ITS OVER 9000!!!"
"WHAT 9000 THATS IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?!?!"
#8 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:03:51 PM

Lisa wrote:
Technology's being created to make your driver seat vibrate when there's a car in your blind spots so you can be physically alerted without looking for a visual. It can even tell you where the vehicle is. Should help when on autopilot. Maybe this will help all those drivers who merge before looking! clap

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38147388/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/

This is a great article...thanks for sharing!