Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
1 Pages Page: 1
Had tires rotated and now car shakes
#1 Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:43:08 PM

I had the tires rotated and balanced last week and driving home noticed the car was shaking like the road was very bumpy. I called the dealership and they said it'd work its way out after a couple days. It's gotten a little better but I still feel like the roads are a lot bumpier than they really are. It's like a constant vibration.

Is this something I should go back in for or ignore it? It's not extreme but it's enough that I notice a difference.
#2 Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 6:46:54 PM

"work its way out"!? I could be wrong but that surprises me. if it is still doing it now, I'd bring it back.... your car shouldn't be worse after taking it in for service.
#3 Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 1:28:32 AM

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it. It just seems bumpier than I remember. I'll try taking it in though. They did say my rim is bent a little on one wheel. Could that be causing it?
#4 Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:24:11 PM

Yep, get that rim fixed and it'll probably go away.
#5 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:29:19 PM

One time i had to take one of my tires off for some reason... Anyways, didnt tighten the lugnuts as much as i thought i did. Needless to say, it got pretty violent at the wheel worked its way looser day by day until I noticed something definitely wrong. When I checked out my wheel, the lugnuts were about 1.5 turns from being as tight as they should be. You might want to try tightening them down, although I imagine a service center would use an air wrench and get those things really tight
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#6 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:46:10 PM

I had the same problem...I got the rim fixed and the bumpiness stopped.
#7 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:02:23 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
One time i had to take one of my tires off for some reason... Anyways, didnt tighten the lugnuts as much as i thought i did. Needless to say, it got pretty violent at the wheel worked its way looser day by day until I noticed something definitely wrong. When I checked out my wheel, the lugnuts were about 1.5 turns from being as tight as they should be. You might want to try tightening them down, although I imagine a service center would use an air wrench and get those things really tight

I had that issues as well. My tires were shaking like the Wolverines in South Bend. I had to tighten them up more than Michigan needed to tighten up their secondary. Crazy stuff.
Quote:
The Numbers:
4 Horsemen
7 Heisman Trophy Winners
13 National Championships
99 All Americans
845 Wins

Notre Dame Football, its not entertainment its a life choice.