Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
Poll Question : STi vs. Evo who wins?
Choice Votes Statistics
Impreza WRX STi 4 57%
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 3 42%
3 Pages Page: <123>
STi vs. Evo
#11 Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:33:45 PM

Well, it seems we have a pretty representative sample here. Id say about half of the world likes the EVO and the other half likes the STI... No matter how you slice it.
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#12 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:22:25 PM

I do like the look of the new sti but idunno if I could turn on mitsubishi like that : )
#13 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:37:17 PM

Although I drive a Mitsu, I feel that comparing the two is almost unfair. Mitsubishi's lancer is it's premier car, hands down. Suburu's forester and outback dominate the AWD or 4WD midsize sport bracket and the STI plays second fiddle. It's like comparing Apple's Ipod (Cash Cow) to MIcrosoft's Zune. The Zune was maybe 11th on MSoft's product relevancy list.
Da Realest

I've Been Green and Gold Since 1983
#14 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:56:23 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Subaru puts a good deal of work into the Impreza. The car is good and its not like they cut any corners with it.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a wins a win."

-Vin Diesel, The Fast and The Furious
#15 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:51:22 PM

GT-R fan wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Subaru puts a good deal of work into the Impreza. The car is good and its not like they cut any corners with it.

Right, theyre not cutting corners but clearly if it was their number one bread winner it would be better. Check out top gear's review on youtube. I think in the past the two cars were more similar but now they have clearly drifted apart in quality.
Da Realest

#16 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:02:13 PM

Yeah Top Gear did that and prefer the Evo as well but still I'd say that the Impreza is one of Subaru's top 3 cars and they put alot of work into it because its the basis for all of their rally car work and Subaru racing in general.

#17 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:06:30 PM

Those rally cars are mod-sauced to the extreme. You could throw an 95 Taurus out there with the right mods and it would run beast. JImmy Clausen had a souped up Oldsmobile Cutless Siera for Pflug's sake and that baby killed the NoCal street circuit. Jimmy was said to have been extremely close to turning down Notre Dame's scholarship for a career in the Sacramento Drag Association.
Da Realest

#18 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:08:28 PM

PflugZillah wrote:
Those rally cars are mod-sauced to the extreme. You could throw an 95 Taurus out there with the right mods and it would run beast. JImmy Clausen had a souped up Oldsmobile Cutless Siera for Pflug's sake and that baby killed the NoCal street circuit. Jimmy was said to have been extremely close to turning down Notre Dame's scholarship for a career in the Sacramento Drag Association.

He should have done that rather than keep a seat warm on the bench for Cam Newton naughty

#19 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:11:59 PM

Cam Newton plays as Jimmy Clausen in the unreleased version of Madden '12 and cries himself to sleep each night. It's rumored that Carolina has Newton watching footage of Clausen's high school game film to pick up on how to throw a football accurately.
Da Realest

#20 Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:16:53 PM

PflugZillah wrote:
Cam Newton plays as Jimmy Clausen in the unreleased version of Madden '12 and cries himself to sleep each night. It's rumored that Carolina has Newton watching footage of Clausen's high school game film to pick up on how to throw a football accurately.

Then watches video of Clausen vs. USC or Michigan or in any big game for that matter and watches him cry on the sidelines and immediately feels better about himself, his national championship, and heisman. Let me play a tiny violin for Clausen's young dying career. boohoo