Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
3 Pages Page: 123>
Toyota FT-86
#1 Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:40:09 PM

So it seems more and more likely that the new collaboration between Subaru and Toyota will actually become a production car. Toyota claims that it will begin production of the FT-86 in 2012. Cant wait to see if Subaru produces their own version of this sporty rwd coupe. Also, I think scion (Toyota's subcompany) is coming out with a version called the FR-S? All in all, this is one of the first cars I've actually gotten excited to see come out. Anyone know anything else about this car?
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#2 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:59:06 PM

Not sure if you mean the Scion FR-S which was shown recently at autoshows but if you mean that then yes it looks awesome.

http://images.forbes.com..._scion-fr-s_485x340.jpg

^pic
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a wins a win."

-Vin Diesel, The Fast and The Furious
#3 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:11:25 PM

That's the one! Yeah, Im not sure if Toyota will come out with only the Scion version or if they will make a Toyota version too. I think Subaru is supposed to release their version a bit later though if at all. I can't wait to see one of these in person. From the pictures, it looks pretty sick from all angles.

With this coming out as a Scion, I might have to start respecting the company... Just as long as they dont put an X somewhere in the model name :P
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#4 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:17:40 PM

That x is for Xtreme...I drive an xB and let me tell you its Xtreeeme
In 1974 I was born. My parents named me Carl... Carl Ocate

It's nice to find an internet site whose domain name matches mine.
#5 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:18:42 PM

Carl Ocate wrote:
That x is for Xtreme...I drive an xB and let me tell you its Xtreeeme

...eh Xtremely ugly maybe...I think I found another car for ugliest car thread. Its like someone threw bright paint and wheels on an oversized refrigerator box. lol
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a wins a win."

-Vin Diesel, The Fast and The Furious
#6 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:26:55 PM

Why does everyone always act like a "refrigerator or toaster on wheels" is such an insult. As a fan of both frozen novelty treats and bagels, I for one, would like to see more food storage units on wheels. It would make the world a much tastier place.

#7 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:41:44 PM

Carl Ocate wrote:
Why does everyone always act like a "refrigerator or toaster on wheels" is such an insult. As a fan of both frozen novelty treats and bagels, I for one, would like to see more food storage units on wheels. It would make the world a much tastier place.

wall
#8 Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:58:16 PM

Man, stop talking up your xB! Ive seen refrigerators with nicer lines than that attrosity, and comparing that thing to a toaster is just disrespectful to the world of kitchen appliances.

Everyone knows it was supposed to be named the "Box" but they ran out of the letter "o".
#9 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:09:50 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
Man, stop talking up your xB! Ive seen refrigerators with nicer lines than that attrosity, and comparing that thing to a toaster is just disrespectful to the world of kitchen appliances.

Everyone knows it was supposed to be named the "Box" but they ran out of the letter "o".

clap
#10 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:16:06 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:

What is wrong with a square! Who went back and reprogrammed all people to think that square-shaped objects are ok, unless it's a car. I guess your only real argument could be that the shape makes it less aerodynamic thus giving it less mpg. That may be true, but at 27 city/ 32 hwy I figure I'm doing better than 95% of other cars that run on gasoline. As far as visibility from the driver's seat, I've never driven a car with better. Many people have hated on the xB, but when the car first came out it enjoyed incredible success mainly because once the masses got over their shapeism (discrimination based on shape) and actually drove it, they realized what a nice little car the xB is at a great price.