Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
3 Pages Page: <123>
Toyota FT-86
#11 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:25:10 PM

May I remind you that this topic was started as a discussion of the FT-86, a car that (I think) looks amazing and was designed to be sporty and fun... This is not a discussion of the practicallity of other vehicles. Im sure your car is efficient in both fuel economy and storage. You cant get much better than a cube as far as overall volume is concerned. (Not counting a sphere because a spherical car would be stupid) I am also quite sure that YOU like the way your car looks; probably one of the many reasons you purchased it.

However, as the FT-86 is expected to have a 2 liter flat four engine, Im sure it will get relatively good MPG. Probably cant match your xB in that respect, but then again it will be tuned for performance. I also get the sneaking suspicion that people wont HAVE to get over "shapeism" to like this car.
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#12 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:27:19 PM

Subaru version is probably going to be cheaper. I'd be more likely to get that dance
Uh...Winning.
I'm not BiPolar I'm Bi-Winning.
I'm like a F/A-18 I'll destroy you in the air and then deploy my ordinance upon the ground.
#13 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:32:20 PM

Carl Ocate wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:
Man, stop talking up your xB! Ive seen refrigerators with nicer lines than that attrosity, and comparing that thing to a toaster is just disrespectful to the world of kitchen appliances.

Everyone knows it was supposed to be named the "Box" but they ran out of the letter "o".

What is wrong with a square! Who went back and reprogrammed all people to think that square-shaped objects are ok, unless it's a car. I guess your only real argument could be that the shape makes it less aerodynamic thus giving it less mpg. That may be true, but at 27 city/ 32 hwy I figure I'm doing better than 95% of other cars that run on gasoline. As far as visibility from the driver's seat, I've never driven a car with better. Many people have hated on the xB, but when the car first came out it enjoyed incredible success mainly because once the masses got over their shapeism (discrimination based on shape) and actually drove it, they realized what a nice little car the xB is at a great price.

Don't let shapeism get you down. People like RayKnowlds might like to force people to conform to their standards of appearance and personality so that you just become a numbered poster instead of a individual with ideas but here we let people think what they want.

(that being said the xB is one ugly car)
"You crossed the line first, sir. You trolled them, you flamebaited them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a poster they didn't fully understand. "

"He's the poster CarLocate.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll troll him because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The DuskNight."

#14 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:54:35 PM

DuskNight wrote:
Carl Ocate wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:
Man, stop talking up your xB! Ive seen refrigerators with nicer lines than that attrosity, and comparing that thing to a toaster is just disrespectful to the world of kitchen appliances.

Everyone knows it was supposed to be named the "Box" but they ran out of the letter "o".

What is wrong with a square! Who went back and reprogrammed all people to think that square-shaped objects are ok, unless it's a car. I guess your only real argument could be that the shape makes it less aerodynamic thus giving it less mpg. That may be true, but at 27 city/ 32 hwy I figure I'm doing better than 95% of other cars that run on gasoline. As far as visibility from the driver's seat, I've never driven a car with better. Many people have hated on the xB, but when the car first came out it enjoyed incredible success mainly because once the masses got over their shapeism (discrimination based on shape) and actually drove it, they realized what a nice little car the xB is at a great price.

Don't let shapeism get you down. People like RayKnowlds might like to force people to conform to their standards of appearance and personality so that you just become a numbered poster instead of a individual with ideas but here we let people think what they want.

(that being said the xB is one ugly car)

What is this I don't even...blink I take a like one day break from the forums and a small war starts off...what in the...
Uh...Winning.
I'm like a F/A-18 I'll destroy you in the air and then deploy my ordinance upon the ground.
#15 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:18:56 PM

What I want to know is why are corporations spending all this money to put out another cookie cutter sports car...The world just needs one car...maybe 3. The Prius and a van or truck version of the Prius. The rest of these corporation's money should be spent cleaning up the environment or feeding the hungrey or providing better healthcare to their employees.
Should such ignorant posters lead the forums? How did it come to this in the first place? 82 percent of us don't even have a a real email! Just a handful can barely post something that is seen as English.

“There's a gullible side to the Carlocate poster. They can be easily misled. Trolling is the best device used to mislead them.”
#16 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:08:10 PM

MichaelMoore wrote:
What I want to know is why are corporations spending all this money to put out another cookie cutter sports car...The world just needs one car...maybe 3. The Prius and a van or truck version of the Prius. The rest of these corporation's money should be spent cleaning up the environment or feeding the hungrey or providing better healthcare to their employees.

Someone's just bitter they can't fit into a two-door coupe dance
Uh...Winning.
#17 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:31:02 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
May I remind you that this topic was started as a discussion of the FT-86, a car that (I think) looks amazing and was designed to be sporty and fun... This is not a discussion of the practicallity of other vehicles. Im sure your car is efficient in both fuel economy and storage. You cant get much better than a cube as far as overall volume is concerned. (Not counting a sphere because a spherical car would be stupid) I am also quite sure that YOU like the way your car looks; probably one of the many reasons you purchased it.

However, as the FT-86 is expected to have a 2 liter flat four engine, Im sure it will get relatively good MPG. Probably cant match your xB in that respect, but then again it will be tuned for performance. I also get the sneaking suspicion that people wont HAVE to get over "shapeism" to like this car.

Thank you! Let's keep on track people glare
#18 Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 1:06:32 PM

I always enjoy a solid sporty import. I'd prefer a re-release of the Supra or something comparable to that if Toyota was going to make another sports car. I figured since Nissan brought out the GTR Toyota would want to strike back soon with something on par with that...but I guess this will have to do.
USA: Importing Asian Cars since 1957 but Asians since 1850
#19 Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:35:25 PM

ImportFromAsia wrote:
I always enjoy a solid sporty import. I'd prefer a re-release of the Supra or something comparable to that if Toyota was going to make another sports car. I figured since Nissan brought out the GTR Toyota would want to strike back soon with something on par with that...but I guess this will have to do.

Never quite understood why the Supra got discontinued... I guess you could claim they just phased it out as the Celica line came in but thats kind of a major downgrade IMO
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#20 Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:10:31 PM

fourbangerfury wrote:
ImportFromAsia wrote:

Never quite understood why the Supra got discontinued... I guess you could claim they just phased it out as the Celica line came in but thats kind of a major downgrade IMO

Yeah definitely not as fun. snooty
USA: Importing Asian Cars since 1957 but Asians since 1850