Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
Poll Question : Which car do you prefer?
Choice Votes Statistics
Camaro 7 77%
Mustang 2 22%
4 Pages Page: 123>>>
Camaro vs. Mustang, The Ultimate Car Rivalry
#1 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:51:40 PM

Location: Earth previously Planet Vegta before it got blown up.
So heading into the forums this morning I saw carlocate.com had posted a blog on the Ford Mustang GT Premium vs. the Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS and have seen a lot of these lately as both recently released the convertible options. That and the previous thread here about the Evo/STI rivalry made me wonder what people preferred when it came to two top of the line pony cars. Personally I've always like American Muscle more than import so I think I'd like this thread a lot more. Personally I've always preferred the Camaro mainly due to styling since performance wise they are almost identical but honestly I kind of like both cars and find them to be compe####ive throughout the trims...Until you get to the Shelby GT500 which if you wanted comparable performance out of a Camaro you'd have to find one of the Hennessey upgrade package which isn't really advertised by Chevrolet at all. Or you could just go with a Dodge Charger biggrin
"Vegata what does carlocate.com say about that car's horsepower?"
"ITS OVER 9000!!!"
"WHAT 9000 THATS IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?!?!"
#2 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:01:02 PM

Camaro for me please. The picture on the CarLocate blog says it all.

http://www.carlocate.com...e-Ultimate-Showdown.aspx
In 1974 I was born. My parents named me Carl... Carl Ocate

It's nice to find an internet site whose domain name matches mine.
#3 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:07:50 PM

I'm not a huge car expert or anything but looking at the blog I went with the Camaro. It looked cooler and had a bigger engine. Though I've never seen a Camaro like that before? That a body kit or something?
"You crossed the line first, sir. You trolled them, you flamebaited them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a poster they didn't fully understand. "

"He's the poster CarLocate.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll troll him because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The DuskNight."

#4 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:24:45 PM

IMO Mustang over Camaro. I just don't like Chevy...and the handling is important I think from what I've seen and heard that the Mustang just corners better.
Uh...Winning.
I'm not BiPolar I'm Bi-Winning.
I'm like a F/A-18 I'll destroy you in the air and then deploy my ordinance upon the ground.
#5 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:58:56 PM

Over the entirety of both cars existances, I prefer the camaro so that's what I voted for. I do like the way the new camaro looks, but compared to the mustang its just too big. I like that the mustang is getting a little more compact looking. As far as performance, they both can lay some rubber and thats about all that matters in a pony car.
Necessity is the mother of all invention... and thus, the reverse donut was invented.
#6 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:50:41 PM

Location: Earth previously Planet Vegta before it got blown up.
fourbangerfury wrote:
Over the entirety of both cars existances, I prefer the camaro so that's what I voted for. I do like the way the new camaro looks, but compared to the mustang its just too big. I like that the mustang is getting a little more compact looking. As far as performance, they both can lay some rubber and thats about all that matters in a pony car.

Thats like saying you like the Yankee and the Redsox because both play good baseball. snooty
"Vegata what does carlocate.com say about that car's horsepower?"
"ITS OVER 9000!!!"
"WHAT 9000 THATS IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?!?!"
#7 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:52:13 PM

ITSOVER9000hp! wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:

Thats like saying you like the Yankee and the Redsox because both play good baseball. snooty

Agreed fourbangerfury is taking the easy, aka RayKnowlds, way out. Be a man take a stand. Choose your ideas and fight for them and don't let your government or moderators take them away from you. thumbs up
"You crossed the line first, sir. You trolled them, you flamebaited them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a poster they didn't fully understand. "

"He's the poster CarLocate.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll troll him because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The DuskNight."

#8 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:07:14 PM

DuskNight wrote:
ITSOVER9000hp! wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:

Agreed fourbangerfury is taking the easy, aka RayKnowlds, way out. Be a man take a stand. Choose your ideas and fight for them and don't let your government or moderators take them away from you. thumbs up

Counter-Revolution against the establishment? Good Sir can I make a do####entary about you?

Also don't buy either car as they prop up a poorly run capitalist system. Would any working man ever recieve the benefits of a sold Camaro or Mustang? No the rich take it all and take and take. Then they shove it down the throats of the poor by driving these fine cars past and flaunting their wealth while children starve on the streets of our urban centers. AND who supports this? The US government of course with their TARP funds and bailout plans. I didn't vote to buy GM or Ford did you? If America is investing in these companies why haven't see seen the profits? Are we not like any other shareholder who paid good money to see these corporations succeed? These are questions that need answers and I think we should all write to our congressmen and senators and SEND THEM LETTER AFTER LETTER until we get what we desire.
Should such ignorant posters lead the forums? How did it come to this in the first place? 82 percent of us don't even have a a real email! Just a handful can barely post something that is seen as English.

“There's a gullible side to the Carlocate poster. They can be easily misled. Trolling is the best device used to mislead them.”
#9 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:15:42 PM

MichaelMoore wrote:
DuskNight wrote:
ITSOVER9000hp! wrote:
fourbangerfury wrote:

Counter-Revolution against the establishment? Good Sir can I make a do####entary about you?

Also don't buy either car as they prop up a poorly run capitalist system. Would any working man ever recieve the benefits of a sold Camaro or Mustang? No the rich take it all and take and take. Then they shove it down the throats of the poor by driving these fine cars past and flaunting their wealth while children starve on the streets of our urban centers. AND who supports this? The US government of course with their TARP funds and bailout plans. I didn't vote to buy GM or Ford did you? If America is investing in these companies why haven't see seen the profits? Are we not like any other shareholder who paid good money to see these corporations succeed? These are questions that need answers and I think we should all write to our congressmen and senators and SEND THEM LETTER AFTER LETTER until we get what we desire.

So what your saying is...ITS A TRAP?!?!?!
We have no choice, General Calrissian! Our cruisers can't repel fail posts of that magnitude! ITS A TRAP!
#10 Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:40:06 PM

Quote:

I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure America did not buy Ford. Ford managed to keep themselves afloat without bailouts and from what I've seen recently they are coming back strong.

I say the Mustang wins! clap