Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
2 Pages Page: 12>
Am I the Only One?
#1 Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 2:17:32 PM

Okay…Am I the only person who really LIKES my dealership? I have to believe there are more of you out there that feel the same way I do.

I have been buying and getting my car serviced by the same dealership for more than 10 years now. I always go to this dealership to find my new car or to get my car serviced. Okay, yes, once in a while, I go to a ‘quick oil change’ place, but for the most part it gets down when I get my normal service at the dealership.

And yes, in those 10 years plus there have been a couple incidents where I had to complain about something. The good news is that they quickly worked with me to get it corrected. So I am a loyal customer. I prefer to work with this dealership, than go somewhere new. I would have to get to know the new people, trust that they are taking good care of me and basically start the process all over again. I find when I am spending $20K plus for a product, that I want to deal with someone I know and trust.

How many of you out there are loyal to your dealership? Go at least 80 % of the time for service and almost always buy your car from them. I can’t be the only one out here….
#2 Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 2:34:30 PM

You're certainly not the only one out there. Dealerships certainly hope that you're not! I'm not an expert when it comes to car maintenance, so I need someone that I can trust. The dealership I used to go to, I trusted for a long time. I went to them for everything for my car, and there were great techs there that I felt were honest and knowledgeable. I should point out, that my car was under warranty for five years--but I honestly would have continued to use the dealership for my service work regardless because of the trust level.

A dealership tends to know your vehicle and your vehicle's history the best. So if they do a good job of earning your trust, it really makes a lot of sense to be loyal to that dealership for service and future purchases. As you pointed out, NickS, dealerships can make mistakes. The important thing (as a customer) is how they handle them. I'd say beyond the trust factor, the only other major considerations are price and location. If the dealership is just too expensive for service, it will turn people away. Also if the dealer is way out of the way (great place to buy the car you wanted, but not close to home) it just won't be practical to get service work done there--although you may still return for a future purchase.

My former car dealer is a Saturn dealership, so it is closing its doors. I'm one of those car owners now that doesn't have a connection to any dealership, and I'm certainly open to one of them making the effort to grab my future business and loyalty.
#3 Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:34:23 PM

I am totally loyal to my dealership. It is the first dealership I have worked with and unless I move very far away I plan to continue my service with them.

I leased an 07 Fusion in 2007. Mostly because it's a lease I have taken it to the dealership service dept. for oil changes and maintenance, but I have not once had a problem with them....And the Service Adivsor knows me by voice when I call to schedule an appointment. That right there means a great deal to me and definitely makes me feel like a valued customer.

My lease will be up this September and I've already begun talking with the Sales Manager about my next car. Whenever I am there for a service appointment, he willingly chats with me and he doesn't just talk about cars. We talk about how things are going, work, etc. It is a very friendly place and I am very glad to have found it.
#4 Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 6:05:38 PM

I take my car to the dealership 100% of the time. I've never had any problems with them and it's usually cheaper because of all the coupons they send me, plus the environment's so much nicer.

I used to go to random quick service places and had so many problems I got fed up with it. Either they didn't know how to fix something on my car model or they did something wrong requiring me to come back a week later. My husband still goes to those kind of places and usually pays more than I do for oil changes and he still has some trim issues no one can fix.

Ever since I bought my Honda 6 years ago the dealership's the only place I've trusted, and I always get a free car wash!
#5 Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 4:05:28 AM

I use the 'quick' joints for oil changes sometimes or maybe a tire rotation. Things that are basic and I know will probably take me longer at the dealership. But the majority of my service business goes to my dealership. I have bought 3 cars over the years and have taken them to the dealer for most things.

On another note....buying from individuals is really scary these days! A lot of things in the news about someone getting lured in and killed or stolen from. Then you have the whole Craig's List craziness. I like the idea that I am buying from a business.
#6 Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:58:16 PM

I usually take my car to the dealership and I'm pretty much on a first name basis with the service manager (love ya, Dennis). Just got my car out of the shop for routine maintenance and brakes and they now have a rewards card where I can earn points to get a free loaner car and some other discounts. That certainly is incentive to return.
#7 Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:58:06 PM

I love my dealership's service department, but the sales side of it is a necessary evil
#8 Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 2:26:12 PM

My service department is good and the sales guys aren't pushy either. I don't mind stopping in there anytime.
#9 Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 6:29:39 PM

I love the dealership that sold me my Ranger. I plan to keep going back to them even though they are not the closest ford dealer to my house. I even drive up there for service some times. Not just our of loyalty but because their service department is far better than the ford dealer around the corner from me.

The opposite is also true however. A local dealer pissed me off about playing games with a price so now I will never go back to them. I went in for a Dodge Dakota, and he tried to tell me that for what I wanted to pay he could only get me a Neon, so I walked after 3 hours of playing games. Then a week later he calls me back and tells me he can get me the price I wanted on the truck I was looking at. At that point it was too late and I was already driving a new Ranger.
#10 Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 7:16:24 PM

BlckMg98 wrote:
I love the dealership that sold me my Ranger. I plan to keep going back to them even though they are not the closest ford dealer to my house. I even drive up there for service some times. Not just our of loyalty but because their service department is far better than the ford dealer around the corner from me.

The opposite is also true however. A local dealer pissed me off about playing games with a price so now I will never go back to them. I went in for a Dodge Dakota, and he tried to tell me that for what I wanted to pay he could only get me a Neon, so I walked after 3 hours of playing games. Then a week later he calls me back and tells me he can get me the price I wanted on the truck I was looking at. At that point it was too late and I was already driving a new Ranger.

"here, how about this Neon instead of a Dakota" jeez... what a way to win you over, huh? lol Sounds like a good dealer is taking care of ya though.