Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics
6 Pages Page: 123>>>
Best car movies of the past ten years?
#1 Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:47:55 PM

So I've seen lists out there of classic car movies but, many of them are old and they are often hard to even find in a store. I'm not saying that they aren't great but, that brought up a different thought.... What are some of the great "Car Movies" since the year 2000?? So many that I think of, the cars are decent but the movies are less than stellar. I somehow fell asleep during the first transformers and the second one, I have sitting at home but haven't watched yet.

The Island isn't really a "car movie" but it has some decent scenes...
#2 Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:12:16 PM

I honestly can't think of a "car" movie in the past ten years that I'd also put the term "great" with. The first movies that come to mind tend to be the Fast and the Furious and Gone in 60 Seconds, but I didn't think much of them (although I don't think I saw either all the way through). I'm sure there are plenty of people who loved them though, as often a movie I love other people will tell me is awful--and the other way around is true too.

Does Pixar's "Cars" count as a car movie? Pixar always has great storytelling in their movies.... but you're probably looking for vehicles that are not animated and talking!

(Oh, and I personally would have thought higher of the second transformers movie had I not watched it. Great use of vehicles of course, but I was highly disappointed in the film itself)
#3 Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:11:53 PM

You forgot some ..

Days of Thunder
Talladega Nights - Hello Ricky Bobby!

Now your list is complete.
#4 Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:35:11 PM

Shake and Bake!

Talladega Nights is funny at least..... ; )

Days of Thunder was definitely not filmed in the past ten years though.... but that makes me wonder too, were there even decent ones in the 90's !?
#5 Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:57:19 PM

so I finally watched the second Transformers last night... it was ok.

I have a few movie posters actually framed in my "tv room"...

Mad Max
Bullitt
Gumball Rally
Back to the Future
Death Proof
and Vanishing Point
#6 Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:56:42 PM

Be honest... the second Transformers movie was horrible with the exception of great explosions, I suppose.

What about "Gone in 60 Seconds" with Nicolas Cage & Angelina Jolie? Can't believe that came out in 2000.

"The Italian Job" isn't a car movie, per se, but Mini Coopers in that steal the show!

#7 Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 3:23:55 PM

mustangskg wrote:
Be honest... the second Transformers movie was horrible with the exception of great explosions, I suppose.

What about "Gone in 60 Seconds" with Nicolas Cage & Angelina Jolie? Can't believe that came out in 2000.

"The Italian Job" isn't a car movie, per se, but Mini Coopers in that steal the show!

oh, no doubt ... the transformer movies were entertaining but not something I'd rank up there in terms of "good movies"... some movies, you just have to take them for what they are.

I agree on Italian Job... and Gone in 60. .... I need to watch the original ones.
Did you know there actually was a "The Fast and the Furious" that also released decades ago!?
#8 Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:21:20 PM

I totally did not know about an older The Fast and Furious. It's not a western or something that has nothing to do with cars? ha ha.
#9 Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:16:06 PM

I got it in the checkout aisle of NastyMart ...I've only watched the first half of it though so, idunno if it is any good lol

search it on IMDb (I cannot seem to link to it right)
#10 Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 9:40:43 PM

What about Transporter? Not a car movie, but some good chase scenes.

p.s. also good scenes of Jason Stathamthumbs up